Welcome to the Triangle chapter homepage. The current chapter leaders are Chris Romeo and Steve Pinkham. The current board consists of:
- Rich Daugherty
- Eric Hart
- Steve Pinkham
- Chris Romeo
Click here to join the local chapter mailing list.
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings, but registration is required at meetup for planning purposes.
We hope that you will join us at our meetings soon!
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
- Sep 27, 2018 (18:30): Burp With Me, · , Have you ever wondered how a hacker gets your information? Join us as we BURP our way through it. You will learn security testing techniques that you can use now. Disclosure: It is not my fault. Bring a laptop and if possible, download and install the Burp Community Edition (https://portswigger.net/burp/communitydownload) in advance of the session. Rob will lead us in some hands-on demos and examp (read more)
- Oct 25, 2018 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Nov 29, 2018 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Dec 27, 2018 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Jan 31, 2019 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Aug 30, 2018 (18:30): The Life of Breached Data & the Dark Side of SecurityiContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCAshley Madison data stolen...Yahoo confirms the biggest breach ever...10 million passwords leaked! 80 million! 500 million! What does this mean to you and your websites? You use secure passwords, your sites haven’t been compromised, and you have safeguards in place to protect your customers, so you don’t need to worry, right? Right? Jarrod Overson reveals the world where these passwords are tr (read more)
- Jun 28, 2018 (18:30): Web Services and API SecurityiContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCJoe Schottman will be speaking for us this month on web service security.Learn the basics of the common types of Web Services and APIs and how to test and secure them. An increasingly large portion of web server traffic is made up of API calls rather than conventional web traffic, from mobile applications to microservices to AJAX calls. This creates an expanded attack surface that is vulnerable to (read more)
- May 31, 2018 (18:30): Lightning Talks iContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCThis month we are doing lightning talks! A lightning talk is a short and focused presentation/discussion about a specific topic. This meeting will provide many different perspectives in a single 1.5 hours time. We need your help as a speaker. This meeting is your opportunity to share a topic with which you have passion, related to application security. Each talk should be a maximum of 15 minutes ( (read more)
- Mar 29, 2018 (18:30): AppSec in the Clouds: An evening with Cloud Native and ServerlessiContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCThis month we are joined by two cloud security practitioners (Shaun from SAS and Ranga from Cisco), each delivering a talk about the intersection of Cloud and Security. NOTE: First talk begins at 6:45, so grab your pizza and a seat. Talk #1: Cloud Native for Speed & Security Software development continues to shift towards container based micro-services, and multi-tenant cloud-native platforms (read more)
Our current meeting space sponsor is iContact.
We are seeking meeting/food sponsors, please contact us if you are interested!
The Raleigh NC Chapter is looking for new members. Please don't hesitate to contact the leadership team if you would like to assist the local chapter in any way.
We accept flattery, suggestions, and snide remarks as well as monetary, time, food, content and facilities donations.
Aside from regular meetings with guest speakers from other chapters and organizations, we are soliciting interest in new and ongoing projects our membership is involved in. If you have any interest in contributing to these projects, please let me know.
We are soliciting interest in some ongoing projects our membership is already involved in, as well as being open to new projects.
Please contact the leadership team if you are interested in helping out!