Test Account Suspension/Resumption Process (OTG-IDENT-007)
Larger and more mature applications are able to suspend and resume user access to protect the system while the user is on extended leave.
Suspension and resumption of access due to exceeding the number of unsuccessful authentication attempts.
Verify the identity requirements for user registration align with business/security requirements
Validate the registration process
How to test
- Verify the identity requirements for user registration align with business/security requirements
- Can anyone register for access?
- Are registrations vetted by a human prior to provisioning, or are they automatically granted if the criteria are met?
- Can the same person/identity register multiple times?
- What proof of identity is required for a registration to be successful?
- Are registered identities verified?
- Validate the registration process
Implement identification and verification requirements that correspond to the security requirements of the information the credentials protect.