|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
September 20, 2011
Prior Board Meetings - https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Meetings
1. Please join my meeting. https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/420870222
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (914) 339-0026 Access Code: 420-870-222 Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 420-870-222
GoToMeeting® Online Meetings Made Easy™ Minutes
Operational Board Meeting AppSec USA - 30 mins
1. 2012 Assignment of Board Roles and Responsibilities - https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d6/2011-06-OWASP-BYLAWS.pdf best person for the roles
2. Employee/Contractor Allocation - 30 mins
- A flat peer employee reporting structure with defined roles for each
- Global project manager (internal/external projects)
- Global onsite conference/events coordinator
- Global membership/PR coordinator
- Global infrastructure manager
- Budget allocation for hiring paid staff
3. Results of Committee efforts since 2008 - Current / Consolidation. What is needed from them in 12/24 months? 30 mins
OWASP recognized the extraordinary contribution of our most active leaders by engaging them to lead seven committees that report progress to the OWASP Board of Directors.Each democratically established committee will focus on a key function or geographic region, such as OWASP projects, conferences, local chapters, membership and industry outreach. Local Chapters, Project Leaders, questions about hosting a conference or starting a chapter should contact the appropriate committee for assistance, guidance or to suggest best practice. **Note that in a perfect world we would have your best regional representative on each committee from your country as a delegate.
- Conferences - The Global Conferences Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal 2008. The Global Conferences Committee exists to coordinate and facilitate OWASP conferences and events worldwide.
- Membership - The Membership Committee recommends policies, procedures, and strategies for enhancing the membership in OWASP both numerically and qualitatively. The committee provides a written plan and recommends policies, procedures, and initiatives to assure a growing and vital membership organization.
- Chapters - To provide the support required by the local chapters to thrive and contribute to the overall mission and goals of OWASP.
- Projects - The mission of the OWASP Global Projects Committee (GPC) is to foster an active OWASP developer community, facilitate contributions from OWASP community members, and encourage adoption of OWASP Projects by the global community at large. Additionally, the GPC shall provide support and direction for new projects.
- Education - The Global Education Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal 2008. The primary purpose of the Global Education Committee is: to work with the OWASP Education Project to provide educational materials for both internal and external users, develop liaisons with educational institutions worldwide.
- Connections - The OWASP Connections Committee was created during the OWASP AppSec DC 2009 conference. Our mission is to help the OWASP foundation communicate to the outside world in a unified and coherent way. We also assist with internal communication between different OWASP projects and committees.
4. International Accounting Update - 10 mins
**Covered on email thread 20-Sept?
5. OWASP as a Platform Model - 30
6. Other Business