Projects Summit 2013/Remote Participation
Unfortunately, we were not able to raise enough funds to facilitate remote participation for the 2013 Project Summit. It is certainly an aspect of our summits that we find incredibly important, and we will work hard to make sure remote participation is an option our contributors have in 2014.
Remote participation will be key for the success of this Projects Summit.
Ideally we should should have 10x remote attendees (vs local attendees), since that allows project leaders, contributors and users that cannot make it to the conference (or will arrive late) to also participate.
What would be really interesting is if the physical presence is the 'enabler' for the wide participation and deliverables. In fact we might find that the most important attendees might be remote
Starting with the basics here is what will be needed:
- Good Internet connectivity (ideally dedicated, but that will have further costs)
- Local moderators
- Streaming technology (in both video, audio and text)
- Sharing tools (virtual docs, whiteboards,etc..)
- Registration system for remote participates
- Schedule for remote participants
Back to the Projects_Summit_2013 page