OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 149
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- OWASP Women in Security: AppSec USA
- After a few drafts, the Women in Security group finalized the website copy for the program.
- You can find the information in the AppSec USA website.
- We are currently attempting to raise $3,000.00 for each winner.
- We plan on having 2 winners for 2013.
- The total amount we are requesting is $6,000.00 to cover conference fee, training fee, travel and accommodation for both winners.
- Determining Active Project Status
- This is a status update on this initiative.
- I am reaching out to each leader individually to confirm these pieces of data for all 149 projects.
- Flagship projects are completed.
- Labs are completed
- Incubator projects are in the 1st of 4 phases.
- European Commission Grant Opportunity: Proposal Status
- Seba and I have been working on an European Commission grant opportunity for the majority of the week.
- The grant opportunity has the potential to help a hand full of projects with resources and funds.
- Seba and I have finished putting together a proposal for the board of directions.
- The board has now approved the initiative.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP Social Media Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We now have a better idea of the initiatives and tasks we must undertake to better leverage this award. We will discuss possible solutions during our Mid-Term (6-12 month) marketing planning.
- European Commission Grant Proposal
- Amount: €250,000
- Status: This proposal is currently being put together by a grant partner. We are still in the process of writing our proposal to the board and working out logistics.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.