Goal: preparation for ESAPI
- More meaningful word lists
- Frequency lists: build lists of the most common words, names. (Done for English, Spainish)
- Improved configuration of finders and wordlists
- UI improvements
- Fix backlog of issues
- experiment with configuration of wordlists
Goals: Enterprise Ready - UI improvements for learning better password strategies - Easier to configure and run, not requiring a developer to wire things up.
Other Important Goals
- OS system integration:
- running passwd on linux runs passfault
- apt-get install passfault
- Document each pattern finder on the OWASP wiki.
- JQuery Plugin: A JQuery plugin that will let a web site use either the passfault applet or a passfault JSON Service to analyze a password.
- Wordlists: We can always use better word lists. Contact us on the mailing list if you want to help.
For current bugs and smaller tasks see the issues list on github: https://github.com/c-a-m/passfault/issues?state=open