Projects/Internships/Weekly Report 04 04 2014
Currently Working On
- Global Initiatives Page:
- The Global Initiatives page needed an inventory, so I created a new page outlining what the Global Initiatives are and the current initiatives based on category.
- This is still a work-in-progress as I get more updated information about the Global Initiatives. This page will be finished next week.
- 2014 Project Summit Pages:
- The Project Summit wikis were a headache. While the table on the front page was fairly easy, the template for the working sessions was a nightmare. I wanted to use the pre-existing template that Dinis made for last year's Project Summit. The layout is great and it's just an overall very clean template, and why beyond my abilities to recreate.
- It took me all week to finally get the template to work the way it was intended. Most of the time I just broke the template.
- Finally got the template to work as it should, and hopefully there will be no further problems. I'm waiting to see how it fairs once I start adding multiple projects to the working sessions.
- OWASP Connector:
- I drafted up parts of the next OWASP Connector. So far there was not much to add, besides the new projects and the puzzle. I don't know if I will have more to add or not.
- New Template:
- This was a quick assignment. The new template did not include a section to add project mailing lists, as one project leader pointed out. I simply went into the example markup and added the mailing list. Easy fix.
- When something is not working properly, sometimes you just have to walk away from it and come back later. Nothing good happens to markups when you're frustrated.
- I have a newfound respect for anyone who can create amazing tables in the wiki. It's not easy and certainly not a quick thing to do.
I can't believe it's April.