OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
This local chapter uses a community building website known as MeetUp, if you are unable to access it from your work computer as a result of filtering of social sites we recommend that you view it on your smart phone or via your personal computer.
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
- Oct 25, 2018 (19:00): OWASP Pittsburgh Chapter - Web App Hacking Night - Part Two!, · , OWASP Pittsburgh Chapter - Web App Hacking Night - Part Two! Let's get together (in person or possibly virtually) and continue hacking away on JuiceShop.
- Sep 12, 2018 (19:00): OWASP Pittsburgh Chapter Q3 2018 MeetUpThe Regional Learning Alliance, 850 Cranberry Woods Drive · Cranberry Township, PAPrimary Speaker: Jack Manino Title: Flying Above the Clouds: Securing Kubernetes Abstract: Cloud-native architectures built using Kubernetes are composed of containerized microservices managed by an orchestration system. They are distributed systems that run on top of cloud (or sometimes physical) infrastructure and abstract away details of platform integrations in order to promote portability. Au (read more)
- Jun 28, 2018 (19:00): OWASP Pittsburgh Chapter Q2 2018 MeetUpHilton Garden Inn, 2000 Garden View Ln · Cranberry Township , PA**Primary Speaker** Robert Seacord - Secure Coding in Java Robert C. Seacord will discuss common programming errors that lead to software vulnerabilities, how these errors can be exploited, and effective mitigation strategies for preventing the introduction of these errors. **30 Minute Lightning Talk** Ryan Reid - Introducing SpyDir - a BurpSuite Extension "The problem? Too much code, huge dy (read more)
- Mar 22, 2018 (19:00): OWASP Pittsburgh Chapter Q1 2018 MeetUpHilton Garden Inn, 2000 Garden View Ln · Cranberry Township , PAIt's time to get the band back together... I know, it's been a hot minute since our last OWASP PGH meeting, but that's about to change! Let's kickoff the Q1 2018 OWASP Pittsburgh meeting with some good old-fashioned OWASP Project discussions. Some things on the table: 2017 OWASP Top TenOWASP Dependency Check2016 OWASP Proactive ControlsOWASP Juice Shopand more! Additionally, this meeting will incl (read more)
- Sep 15, 2016 (11:30): OWASP Pittsburgh Chapter Q3 2016 MeetUpLynx Technology Partners, 309 Smithfield Street, 3rd Floor · Pittsburgh, PAAbstract: How do you know how to build your application securely, or what to look for when you are performing a security assessment of an application? One critical part of figuring this out is the application’s threat model. Also, there are security issues that other analysis techniques like penetration testing and code review cannot find. Threat modeling can be used to discover design weaknes (read more)