|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
OWASP Summer of Code 2008 Projects Authors Status Target and Reviewers Kenneth R. Wyk
Kenneth R. van Wyk
Kenneth R. van Wyk is an internationally recognized information security expert and author of the O’Reilly and Associates books, Incident Response and Secure Coding. In addition to providing consulting and training services through his company, KRvW Associates, LLC, (http://www.KRvW.com), he currently holds numerous positions:
- Founder and moderator of the “Secure Coding” mailing list,
- SC-L@SecureCoding.org, Member of the Board of Directors and Steering
- Committee for non-profit organization, FIRST.org, Inc. (http://www.first.org),
- Monthly columnist for on-line security portal, eSecurityPlanet (http://www.eSecurityPlanet.com, and
- Visiting Scientist at Carnegie Mellon University's Software Engineering Institute (http://www.sei.cmu.edu
Ken has 20+ years experience as an IT Security practitioner in the academic, military, and commercial sectors. He has held senior and executive technologist positions at Tekmark, Para-Protect, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), in addition to the U.S. Department of Defense and Carnegie Mellon and Lehigh Universities.
Ken also served a two-year elected position as a member of the Steering Committee, and a one-year elected position as the Chairman of the Steering Committee, for the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST)organization. At Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute, Ken was one of the founders of the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT®). He holds an engineering degree from Lehigh University and is a frequent speaker at technical conferences, and has presented tutorials and technical sessions CSI, ISF, USENIX, FIRST, AusCERT, and others. Ken is also a CERT® Certified Computer Security Incident Handler.