|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
OWASP Season of Code 2009 - Press Release
OWASP Season of Code 2009 - Sponsorship Initiative
London, United Kingdom, May 13, 2009
- The OWASP Season of Code 2009 (OWASP SoC 09) aims to financially sponsor contributions to OWASP Projects. The OWASP SoC 09 follows the previous OWASP Summer of Code 2008, in which 33 projects were approved and a budget of more than US$125,000 have been made available, the OWASP Spring of Code 2007, in which 21 projects were sponsored with a budget of $117,500, and the OWASP Autumn of Code 2006, in which 9 projects were sponsored with a budget of $20,000.
- The OWASP SoC 09 is an open sponsorship program were participants/developers are paid to work on OWASP (and web security) related projects.
- The OWASP SoC 09 is also an opportunity for external individual or company sponsors to challenge the participants/developers to work in areas in which they are willing to invest additional funding, provided that these areas are relevant and beneficial to the OWASP community.
- The initial Budget for OWASP SoC 09 will be $90,000 USD, and it is funded by OWASP using current membership fees and profits from past conferences. In parallel with the Request for Proposals, OWASP would like to invite individuals and companies that benefit from OWASP projects to join OWASP as a member. In addition to the current Membership benefits, the new OWASP members will be able to allocate membership fees to SoC 2008 projects they are interested in.
- There are no geographical, age or any other form of restrictions to who can apply for an "OWASP Season of Code 09" sponsorship. The only requirement is that the candidate shows the potential to accomplish the project's objectives and the commitment to dedicate the time required to complete it in the allocated time frame (projects must be completed by 30th August 2008).
- Prospective candidates should visit OWASP SoC 09 page for more information.
- 13th May – OWASP SoC 09 is pre launched at OWASP AppSec Europe 2009 - Poland!
- 20th May - OWASP SoC 09 is officially launched. Start date for submitting applications.
- 15th June - Deadline for project applications.
- 1st July – Publishing of selected applications and start of OWASP SoC 09 projects.
- 1st October - Participants to report on project status - 50% mark.
- 1st January - Project completion. Participants should deliver final project report.
- The OWASP Season of Code 09 is being lead by the OWASP Global Projects Committee that can be can be contacted for further details and information.
- The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a not-for-profit foundation dedicated to enabling organizations to develop, purchase, and maintain applications that can be trusted. OWASP's open source projects and local chapters produce free, unbiased, open-source documentation and tools. The OWASP community also facilitates conferences, local chapters, papers, presentations, and mailing lists. More information can be found at OWASP.