OWASP Portland Sponsorship Policy
This policy aims to clearly define the Portland OWASP Chapter's corporate sponsorship program. Please direct any questions to the Chapter Leadership.
Chapter Supporter Levels
A donation of $150 or equivalent support.
A donation of $300 or equivalent support.
A donation of $600 or equivalent support.
How to Contribute
To make an eligible donation for this program, follow these steps:
- Click "Register Now". Enter your email address and select "Chapter Supporter"
- Enter your contact information and click "Continue"
- Select "Chapter Supporter - Other Amount"
- Enter your donation amount and "Portland" as the chapter you would like to support
- Email the Chapter Leadership that you have made a contribution and would like to be registered as a chapter supporter.
Alternatively, you may choose to host a chapter meeting or similar chapter event. In doing so, the chapter will consider this equivalent to a $150 donation if you provide:
- A venue for the event
- Food and drinks for participants
How Funds are Used
Chapter funds are used to host chapter meetings, trainings, networking, and other community outreach events. In some cases, funds may be used to compensate speakers and trainers for their travel costs.
Chapter organizers are volunteers and are never paid for their time. All chapter funds are managed by the OWASP Foundation and are spent in accordance with OWASP policy and guidance in the Chapter Handbook.
Besides supporting OWASP's very important mission to make software security visible, chapter supporters are also:
- Thanked for their support on the chapter home page and at chapter meetings they have supported
- Invited to post any job openings they wish to advertise on the local chapter email list. This email list has over 200 members coming from varied technical backgrounds.
Please note that the chapter leadership makes its decisions on speakers and meeting topics independently from knowledge of who supports the chapter. That is, becoming a supporter does not guarantee you or your organization a speaking opportunity or any other consideration.