OWASP Newsletter 17
- 1 OWASP Newsletter #17 (12-August-2008)
- 2 Featured Item: OWASP NYC 2008
- 3 Featured Item: India Conference
- 4 Featured Item: Israel Conference
- 5 OWASP AppSec India Conference 2008 - August 20th-21st 2008
OWASP Newsletter #17 (12-August-2008)
Welcome to the 17th edition of the OWASP Newsletter, featuring The New York City AppSec Conference .
As always, if you have any content to add to the next edition, please feel free to add it directly to its WIKI page OWASP Newsletter 18.
Kate Hartmann - OWASP Operations Director - Tel: 301-575-0197 - eMail: Kate.Hartmann@owasp.org
Featured Item: OWASP NYC 2008
OWASP NYC AppSec 2008 Conference Schedule – Sept 24th - Sept 25th Full details In association with: WASC, NYM InfraGard, AITGlobal, NYC PHP, NYCBUG, ISACA, ISSA and Pace University your invited to (2) days of Seminars and Technology Pavilion from the world's best application security technology minds, (2) days of hardcore hands-on training, all held at Pace University, located in downtown New York City at One Pace Plaza New York, NY 10038. Event Fees: $350 for 2 days of seminars, $675 for 1-day training classes and $1,350 for 2-day courses. With capacity of 1000 folks from around the world, don't miss this event!
Featured Item: India Conference
Featured Item: Israel Conference
OWASP AppSec India Conference 2008 - August 20th-21st 2008
- Four new projects have been set up, namely:
- OWASP EnDe Project - This tool is an encoder, decoder, converter, transformer, calculator, for various codings used in the wild wide web. Achim Hoffmann is the project leader.
- OWASP Google Hacking Project - This is a Google SOAP Search API with Perl. Christian Heinrich is the project leader.
- OWASP NetBouncer Project - This is secure by default centralised input/output validation library which combines security rules and business rules as well as escaping in the output level. Ferruh Mavituna is the project leader.
- OWASP Open Review Project - A project to openly check open source libraries and software that are vital to most commercial and non-commercial apps around. Mario de Boer is the project leader.
- The OWASP Summer of Code 2008 is doing its way up the ladder.
- 34 SoC’s projects pages, the Current Season of Code Projects, have been set up.
- 70 reviewers were matched with 34 SoC’s projects.
- Having reached the stage of 50% completion, 7 project have already been reviewed, namely:
Latest additions to the WIKI
Paypal now Accepted
Chapter pages are being updated with the new link to paypal. This will allow your chapter sponsors to make donations to your chapter or project directly. Because the funds will be managed through the OWASP Foundation, your local chapter or project may take advantage of the non-profit status! Reimbursement of expenses will be processed through submission of an expense report. Please contact Alison McNamee with any questions.
New Chapter Pages
OWASP references in the Media
Application Security News
This news feed is moderated by OWASP and will feature high-quality posts focused on application security that advance the field, provide useful insight, or are useful educational resources.