OWASP Jobs/Operations Director
OWASP Operations Director
Classification and time: Full time, salaried
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsibilities: The Operations Director is responsible for triaging community requests and administering the content management, registration, and payment systems utilized by the Foundation to support its various programs and initiatives.
Key Job Functions:
- Triaging Community Requests – monitors, assigns, and responds to community requests received by ticketing system(s). Works with staff and volunteers to establish and troubleshoot workflows for handling community requests.
- Data Management – manages the import, tracking, and reporting of OWASP program data including but not limited to: membership, projects, chapters, events, and volunteers. Monitors and resolves data issues to ensure the integrity of the data and reporting process.
- Systems Administration – administers the platforms used by the Foundation tracking program data, event registration, membership, and donations. Works with staff and volunteers to support, educate, and resolve issues related to the platforms utilized by the Foundation.
- Communication – coordinates regular communication to the OWASP community to inform them of program-related updates, opportunities, and industry news.
- Account Management– oversees the approval of OWASP account requests and user access policies in the platforms utilized by the Foundation.
Platform Experience: The OWASP Foundation currently uses the following systems in support of its programs and community: Google Apps, MediaWiki, Salesforce, Cvent, RegOnline, Eventbrite, Paypal, American Express Travel with Concur
Desired skills, experience, background:
- Experience working in a non-profit environment with volunteer driven activities.
- Problem solving skills – ability to identify issues and either resolve or provide alternatives to meet community needs
- Positive attitude and desire to help others resolve problems and issues
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities and commitments concurrently
- Strong computer and internet skills including experience working with the platforms listed above as well as mediawiki markup, google docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Commitment to the organization’s goals and values.