OWASP Jobs/Executive Director
Update April 9, 2013: This position has been filled
Executive Director, OWASP Foundation
Position Title: Executive Director
Responsible to: Board of Directors, OWASP Foundation Inc.
Function: The Executive Director, in addition to supervising the paid OWASP staff, directs and administers all programs and operations with duties as listed in this job description and as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Organization’s Mission: Our mission is to make software security visible, so that individuals and organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about true software security risks.
Responsibilities: The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership of OWASP and for general management of the organization.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Execution of Strategic Goals – builds the strategic direction of the organization, in collaboration with the board. Full authority and responsibility to develop, implement, and execute the operational and tactical goals to meet strategic goals.
- Program Development and Management – responsible for development, implementation and supervision of programs and services that are consistent with the organization’s mission and strategic direction.
- Fund Development/Grant Oversight and Fiscal Management – together with the Board, responsible for development and management of the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization;; develops an annual budget for approval by the Board;; oversees the management of all funds, consistent with the organization’s accounting system.
- Staff Leadership and Management – authority to hire, supervise, manage, evaluate, and terminate staff within the limits of the annual budget that is approved by the OWASP board. Fosters a motivational environment to help staff develop to their full potential and meet their responsibilities.
- Community Relations – develops effective working relationships within the OWASP community and other communities such as developer, open source, technical and risk focused communities to foster the growth of OWASP and the OWASP mission.
For more information about OWASP Foundation visit: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_OWASP