OWASP IL Sponsorship
OWASP is an open source, non-profit organization. While our activities are free for all, we do have costs, and need your help to make our activities better.
We are also open to any other non-financial sponsorship ideas that you may have. These are some simple ways in which you can help us:
- 1 Commercial Sponsoring an OWASP IL conference
- 2 Not-for-Profit / Barter Sponsorship of OWASP IL Conferences
- 3 Hosting a meeting
- 4 OWASP Membership
Commercial Sponsoring an OWASP IL conference
| OWASP Israel chapter hosts a Regional Conference once a year, usually in September or October. This year as in previous years, we are holding the Conference in partnership with the Efi Arazi Computer Science School at the the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya. These conferences are always very successful and a large number of people attend.
We encourage companies to sponsor our conferences and help pay for such expenses such as refreshments, photography, video etc. The conferences are not commercial and the cost goes directly to cover expenses. Since the conferences draw an increasingly large number of people, our expenses are also rising accordingly.
If you or your company benefits from OWASP materials and/or conferences, we encourage you to support us! Moreover, the associated publicity and community goodwill can go a long way. We have several levels of sponsorship available, appropriate for the different organizations that wish to support our activities. Of course, if you are a Corporate Member of OWASP (at any level) and allocate a percentage (20-40%) of your membership fees to the Israel chapter, we can consider those funds as conference sponsorship. It is also possible to be creative and find non-financial ways to support us and contribute to the successful running of the conference. (If you have ideas please contact AviD directly.
What You Get for Sponsoring
All sponsors, regardless of sponsorship level receive the following:
- Many thanks, and hopefully a very good feeling of helping the community.
- Access to all the tools, guides, and libraries OWASP makes available for everybody - if you benefit from these, support the organization!
- Logo on the conference page.
- In general, if there is something else specific that you may want, and is within the OWASP guidelines, please let us know.
Platinum Sponsors (3 max)
- Largest booth area, where you can put up a "roll up" poster or two, and even a "pop-up" style booth (space permitting) to hand out your brochures and freebies.
- Prime booth location and first choice.
- Largest logo on the top of the conference page.
- Logo on the chapter page for the whole year.
- Recognition in all conference literature.
- Explicit mention in conference Opening Speech.
- Price: $2500 USD
- A table top style mini booth where you can put up a "roll up" poster or two and hand out your brochures and freebies.
- Good booth location and early choice.
- Large logo near the top of the conference page.
- Logo on the chapter page for the whole year. (??)
- Recognition in all conference literature.
- Collective mention in conference Opening Speech.
- Price: $1800 USD
- A small table top style mini booth where you can put up a "roll up" poster and hand out your brochures and freebies.
- Smaller logo on the conference page.
- Recognition in some conference literature.
- Passive mention in conference Opening Speech.
- Price: $900 USD
- The "Community Supporter" level of sponsorship is intended for non-profits, government offices, small startups, and other organizations with limited finances, but wish to show their support for the local OWASP chapter.
- Small logo on the conference page.
- Community Supporters do not get a booth or table at the sponsor's display area, but you can leave a stack of fliers or swag at a central table.
- Price: $500 USD
What You Don't Get
- List of people registering or attending. You can collect these by yourself in the booth, for example by offering a prize for people filling in details.
- A lecture for money. The conference program is strictly selected on professional terms.
What We Need Your Money For
OWASP is very strictly not-for-profit. We use the sponsorship funds to help make our events even more compelling to the audience while striving to make them free for participants. We want more people to come to our events so we can educate them about making applications more secure.
Each year, our costs to hold the conference keep rising. Last year, the annual conference drew 50% more people than we expected, and the expenses rose accordingly. Thus we are required to raise the sponsorship fees accordingly, as compared to previous years.
We use the money collected from sponsors for things such as:
- Lecture videos - recording presentations enables them to be available also to people who cannot make it to the conference, and further publicize the contents of the event.
- Venue costs - this year's conference is being hosted in partnership with the IDC, so we have minimal direct costs for use of the halls. However there are additional associated costs, for some of the involved logistics such as hiring required equipment.
- Refreshments - we want to keep people a long time, and we certainly bring good and interesting speakers, yet we don't want people to go home when they become hungry.
- Name tags - we feel that professional networking and getting to know each other is an important facet of the community, and name tags make this easier.
- Promotion - Till now, our events are publicized mostly by word of mouth. We would like to get to a wider audience by advertising our events.
- Printed Materials - We are not very keen on killing trees, but some people learn more from actual printed paper. We would like to hand out certain printed materials in our conferences.
By the way, if you feel that you can contribute to any of these in anyway besides money, we will be happy to hear about it.
What Should You Prepare as a Sponsor
As a sponsor, you are not obliged to do anything. Sponsorship can be a philanthropy. However, in order to take advantage of the benefits listed above, we recommend the following:
- Send us a logo file to put on the conference web page. (Note the maximum logo size according to the sponsorship level).
- Prepare a roll-up type poster or equivalent for your table top booth.
- Prepare brochures for handling out to conference attendees.
- You might also want to hold a sweepstake between people who fill in their details in order to collect leads. We will be happy to announce the prize on the conference page.
- Come 30 minutes before the conference starts to setup your booth.
For further details contact Ory Segal.
Not-for-Profit / Barter Sponsorship of OWASP IL Conferences
We are happy to allow any information security related not-for-profit organization to present at our conference expo. You will get, for free, the same benefits that the commercial vendors get. The only condition is that if you hold similar events we would like to present at those events in return.
We extend the same type of barter to commercial organizations that hold events. If you organize an information security related event, we would let you promote it in our expo in return for having presence in your event.
Contact AviD for further details.
Hosting a meeting
We also host regular meetings and look for companies to host or sponsor these meetings. A company that hosts such a meeting is responsible for a meeting location and the refreshments. We need a room that can host at least 150 people. Pizza and drinks are the common refreshments, but alternatives are also OK. Keep in mind that food should be Kosher.
If you want to host such a meeting, contact AviD.
In addition to sponsoring OWASP Israel, you can also join OWASP as a member. For details, please refer to this page.