OWASP IL CFP
We always welcome presentations, if for a specific event or generally for a future meeting. We favor presentations on web application security and accept from time to time presentations on related subjects. For conferences we may select an exceptional presentation about information security in general.
If you want to submit, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- The presentation title.
- An abstract (couple of paragraphs).
- Estimated length.
- A short bio of the presenter.
We prefer submissions that include more detailed information such as actual slides, a paper or an outline. In certain cases we would ask for such information since we feel the abstract does not provide enough information for evaluating the presentation.
We have established a content committee to review the presentations. The committee would select the presentations and in some cases will work with presenters to ensure that a presentation fits an OWASP conference. Examples of such cases are:
- From past experience we know that some presenters have very interesting things to say, but lack the experience to build a short and compelling presentation for a large audience.
- At times we like the presentation but would like to ensure that it is not commercial.
- When selecting a subject related to web application security we may want to help the presenter in focusing on the web application security aspect of his presentation.
Naturally in such cases we would need the full presentation well in advance.
Preparing for the event
In any case we will require the presentation to be available to us prior to the event (specific date would be set for each event). On the day of the event please be at the conference at least 45 minutes before your presentation.