OWASP AppSec Europe 2008 - Belgium/CFTP
CALL FOR TOPICS-PAPERS
OWASP AppSec Conference Europe 2008
May 22-23, 2008 - Brussels, Belgium
Call for papers: business & technical sessions
Following on from the great success of OWASP Conferences in 2006 and 2007 in the United States and Europe, the conference comes back to Belgium in May 2008. The conference will offer an opportunity for security professionals, developers, and managers to hear from industry recognised speakers on the latest critical security risks associated with application security.
OWASP is seeking for presentations on Application Security and related OWASP projects from the community. Over the conference program there are 9 technical and 9 business presentation sessions running approximately 1 hour in length each.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- OWASP Project Presentation (i.e Tool Updates/Project Status etc)
- Business Risk from Applications
- Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage
- Baseline or Metrics for Application Security
- Web application security
- Secure application development
- Security of Service Oriented Architectures
- Threat modeling of web applications
- Vulnerability analysis of web applications (code review, pentest, static analysis, scanning)
- Countermeasures for web application vulnerabilities
- Platform or language (e.g. Java, .NET) security features that help secure web applications
- How to use databases securely in web applications
- Access control in web applications
- Browser security
- Web services security
As there a limited number of available presentations please email your proposed presentation ideas to: seba 'at' owasp.org. Simply send and email with your idea and a short paragraph or two on what you propose to present on.
Closing date for presentation ideas is March 1st 2008, with presentation material due May 1st 2008.
Refereed papers track
As in the previous editions, the OWASP AppSec Europe 2008 conference will also feature a refereed papers track which focuses on academic research. More information online
OWASP Conferences Chair: Dave Wichers - Aspect Security - dave.wichers 'at' owasp.org
2008 EU Planning Committee Chair: Sebastien Deleersnyder - Telindus - seba 'at' owasp.org
Refereed Papers Chair: Lieven Desmet - KU Leuven - Lieven.Desmet 'at' cs.kuleuven.ac.be