Who are we
OWASP Kyiv chapter was founded in 2017 by Vlad Styran and Ihor Bliumental. The chapter is run by a team of dedicated cyber security enthusiasts: Kyrylo Hobrenyak, Dmytro Diordiychuk, and Serhii Korolenko.
The chapter aims at holding quarterly meetups in the format of 2 practical workshops and up to 5 talks. The meetups are normally streamed on-line and recorded, and are followed by unofficial parties in Kyiv pubs.
How to find us
Watch recordings of our previous events YouTube
How to support the chapter
You can become a chapter supporter by making a donation via PayPal.
You can also become an Individual OWASP Member. Make sure you choose to support OWASP Kyiv chapter!
If your company wishes to support the chapter, please review and agree with OWASP Membership terms and conditions and contact Vlad Styran. The funds donated are divided with 90% directly supporting the OWASP local chapter and 10% to the OWASP Foundation.
If you require an invoice or would like to pay via wire transfer, please let us know using this form.
Become a Speaker
Call For Speakers at OWASP Kyiv events is permanently open. If you want to present at future events, review and agree with the OWASP Speaker Agreement and send the title and abstract of your talk and speaker bio to Vlad Styran or Ihor Bliumental.
Become a Sponsor
We don't have any special sponsorship package, however the sponsoring organization or individual will receive our warm thanks and a fair amount of gratitude spread over our social media presence, placed at the chapter official web-page, and announced at the event itself.
Become a Host
Venue requirements include:
- Capacity to welcome up to 100 attendees
- Possibility to host a lunch (paid separately by the Chapter)
- Separate high quality internet connection for online streaming
- No need for additional attendee registration or providing attendee lists
- No marketing, advertising, or hiring at the event
Chapter Meetup Summer 2018
|Hosted by Ciklum.||Sponsored by Linkos Group.|
Date Jul 14, 2018 Location Sky Point (Ciklum Kyiv, 20th floor): 12 Amosova street, Horizon Park business center, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Stanislav Kolenkin - Kubernetes Security
- Stanislav Kolenkin - Practical Kubernetes Security (Workshop)
- Pavlo Radchuk - Smart Contracts Security: Understanding Token Security (Workshop)
- Ali Huseyn Aliyev - The Browser Does Not Protect You
- Olha Pasko - Security Baseline for Incident Response
- Yan Kravchenko - Evolution of Application Security Programs and OWASP SAMM 2.0
- Andriy Shalaenko - Intro to JS and Vue.js Sandbox Escape
Chapter Meetup Spring 2018
Date Mar 3, 2018 Location Sky Point (Ciklum Kyiv, 20th floor): 12 Amosova street, Horizon Park business center, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Vlad Styran - OWASP Kyiv 2017 Results and 2018 Plans | Slides | Video
- Vlada Kulish - Why So Serial? Threats to Modern Serialization Capabilities | Slides | Video
- Roman Borodin - ISC2 & ISACA Certifications First-hand Experience | Slides | Video
- Ihor Bliumental - WebSocket Security | Slides | Video
- Oleksii Dorogan - A Struggle to Start a Bug Bounty for a .gov.ua. | Video
- Yevhen Teleshyk - Phishing Threats to Cloud Users | Slides | Video
Chapter Meetup Winter 2017
Date Dec 2, 2017 Location Student Center of State University of Telecommunications, 7 Solomianska Street, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Kyrylo Hobrenyak - Bash Scripting 101 | Video
- Vladyslav Makalish & Ivan Berdnik - Cloud Security at AWS | Video
- Anastasiia Vixentael - Don’t Waste Time on Learning Cryptography: Better Use It Properly | Video | Slides
- Pavel Radchuk - SAMM: Understanding Agile in Security | Video | Slides
- Vlad Styran - Security Economics | Video | Slides
- Dima Kovalenko - Modern SSL Pinning | Video | Slides
- Ivan Vyshnevskyi - Not So Quiet git push | Video | Slides
Chapter Meetup Fall 2017
Date Sep 9, 2017 Location Student Center of State University of Telecommunications, 7 Solomianska Street, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Vlad Styran - "Hidden" Features of the Tools We All Love | Video | Slides
- Ihor Bliumental - Collision CORS | Video | Slides
- Serhiy Korolenko - The Strength of Ukrainian Users’ P@ssw0rds2017 | Video | Slides
- Lidiia 'Alice' Skalytska - Security Checklist for Web Developers | Video | Slides
- Volodymyr Ilibman - Close look at Nyetya investigation | Video | Slides
- Viktor Zhora - Cyber and Geopolitics: Ukrainian factor | Video | Slides
- Andriy Shalaenko - GO security tips | Video | Slides
Chapter Kick-off Meeting
Date May 27, 2017 Location Smartworking "SAD", 3, Oleksandra Dovzhenka str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03057
- Vlad Styran - Chapter Introduction and the 2017 Plan.
- Ihor Bliumental - Is there life outside OWASP Top-10? Real-life bugs that didn't make the list (yet) | Video | Slides
- Roman Rott - Ruby for Pentesters | Video | Slides
- Taras Bobalo - Application Security automation with DevOps tools and Clouds | Video | Slides
- Tim Karpinsky - OpSec! Not the PoopSec