|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
Please use the scheme shown here for your student application. If you have any questions, ask on the OWASP GSOC Group https://groups.google.com/d/forum/owasp-gsoc.
- Full Name
- University / current enrollment
- Short bio / overview of your background
- Subscribe to the mailing list of the appropriate group and introduce yourself
- Tell us your IRC nick with which you will use the group's IRC channel
Your Coding Skills
In your application let us know
- What platform do you use to code? Hardware specifications and operating system
- Did you ever code in C or C++/Perl/python/..., yes/no? what is your experience?
- If you apply for a project on our ideas list, have you experience in the areas listed under "Desired knowledge"?
Set yourself up
- Set up your platform to build a Bazaar/GIT/Subversion snapshot of the current state of the project you are interested in.
- If you need help, ask on the mailing list of the appropriate group, or in the IRC.
- Report success on the mailing list or IRC.
You and Us
- Were you involved in development in the project's group in the past? What was your contribution?
- Were you involved in other OpenSource development projects in the past? which, when and in what role?
- Why have you chosen your development idea and what do you expect from your implementation?
- What do you want to achieve?
- If you have chosen an idea from our list, why did you choose this specific idea?
- If you are proposing a project of your own, what is unique about it?
- What makes you suited to carry the project?
- How much time do you plan to invest in the project before, during and after the Summer of Code?
- Please provide a schedule of how this time will be spent on subtasks of the project. While this is only preliminary, you will be required to provide a detailed plan latest at the beginning of GSoC and during the project you will issue weekly progress reports against that plan.