GPC Agenda 2010-02-22

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
GLOBAL PROJECTS COMMITTEE'S MEETINGS
Previous Current Next
2010-02-15 2010-02-22 2010-03-01


AGENDA - NEW ISSUES
Description Aditional Info Decisions/Comments Follow Up
- Agenda template
  • [Ref=01_Issue_Fev10]
  • Task owner: Paulo & Dinis
- The proposal has been finished and is ready to be assessed by the GPC. The template was considered fit for its propose. This issue has been closed.
AGENDA - ISSUES FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS
Description Aditional Info Decisions/Comments Follow Up
-Reviewers Drive
  • [Ref=01_Issue_Jan10]
  • Task owner: Brad & Paulo
- The proposed templates have been finished.

- Please note the second table is still being populated.
- A text to be used as Reviewers Drive's overview is being needed - volunteers?

- The outcome was considered fit for purpose.
- Dinis asked for changing the column 'Projects I would be interested in reviewing' to allow it receiving text, i.e. to allow the volunteers to specify their broad interests instead of obliging them to point out project names and its links.
The column 'Projects I would be interested in reviewing' has been changed to allow it receiving text. Brad will draft a Reviewer Drive's Overview.
- OWASP Project Details Tab's review.
  • [Ref=02_Issue_Jan10]
  • Task owner: Jason
- This task has been assumed by Jason, Dinis.

- See detailed info on the templates set.
- See also Jason's the methodology explanation.
- Jason will continue working on it to finished up a couple of questions still open and to document all the process.
- As soon as the OWASP Project Details Tab has been reviewed it will be spreaded through ALL OWASP Projects.
- Throughout last week, Dinis has also been working on this issue as well.

- Due to the lack of usage it has been decided to hide the variable 'Project Maintainer' and only show it when needed.

- Everyone agreed the new template means a lot of progress in GPC methodologies and is expected it will help both project leaders and project management.

- Has this task been finished?

- Are there any available instructions/documentation?
- Dinis & Jason's report on progress made.

Jason informed the template review has been finished and the documentation is still to be done. - Jason will build documentation up.

- Jason will add a new category for release's status, i.e. 'under review'.
- Dinis will work as well to improve the template.
- Paulo will try and use the new template even if the documentation is not available still.

- Projects under review.
  • [Ref=03_Issue_Jan10]
  • Task owner: Matt, Dinis, Brad.
- Please pay special attention to the delayed ones.
- Dinis informed he has begun reviewing the Content Validation using Java Annotations Project. GPC members involved in review tasks, please report.
Neither Dinis or Brad have made significant progresses. We don't know about Matt. - Dinis will contact the Content Validation using Java Annotations Project leader.

- Brad will contact the EnDe Project leader.

- Mike Boberski's questions about the assessment criteria 2.0.
  • [Ref=04_Issue_Jan10]
  • Task owner: Brad
- The task below has been assumed by Brad.

- The OWASP Top Ten Project's project leader has invited M. Boberski to review the project against the assessment criteria 2.0. As a result, M. Boberski has raised a set of questions about the criteria.

- Dinis has built a FAQ wiki page to answer M.and to more broadly make our responses available for future assessment criteria's users.

- Has been decided the GPC will fill in the FAQ wiki page.
- Has been decided Brad will contact M. Boberski by phone.

- GPC report on the progress made.

- Brad report on progress made.

- Brad tried successively to call M. Bobersky without success.

- Has been decided to pause these de-marches until new evaluation.
- Has been decided to offer to Top Ten's leader, Dave, 2 GPC reviewers.
- Has been decided to remove the criterion 'compliance with OWASP Template for Docs' from the Documents Assessment Criteria.

- Has the GPC filled in the FAQ wiki page?

- Has the criterion 'compliance with OWASP Template for Docs' been removed from the Documents Assessment Criteria? (Paulo's task).
- Has Matt been contacted and been asked if he can be Top Ten's reviewer? (Brad's task)

- OWASP services outsourcing bids' wiki page.
  • [Ref=05_Issue_Jan10]
  • Task owner: Brad
- Regarding the creation of covers for OWASP Books, Brad has proposed we move the process to a volunteer, without buying the source files. This question has triggered the decision of creating a wiki page to support OWASP services outsourcing bids.

- Brad has assumed this task.

- Gather information about services currently being bought by OWASP. - Waiting for information from Alison.

- Brad report on progress made.

- Brad will build a straw up for GPC review.

- Brad will upload the collected information.

- Has Brad built the straw up and uploaded the collected information?
- Wiki Expert & Content Creation Expert's Job Description.
  • [Ref=06_Issue_Jan10]
  • Task owner: TBD
- Job description to support the recruitment of two new GPC members

- Jeff, who had previously assumed this task, couldn't find the spare cycles to finished this up.

- GPC needs one of its members to assume this task which currently orphaned.
- Due to the shortage of meeting attendance wasn't possible to find a volunteer to assume this task. - GPC needs one of its members to assume this task which currently orphaned.
Meeting Attendance
Paulo, Dinis, Jason and Brad.