Chapters Workshop 2012
Template to be used for Chapters Workshops in 2012
As part of AppSec APAC 2012, on Thursday, April 12 at 1:30PM-5:00PM, the Global Chapter Committee is organizing a chapter leader workshop for all the chapter leaders that attend the conference. Please note that this Workshop will take place on the day before the Conference starts.
As part of AppSec Research 2012in Athens, Greece on Wednesday, July 11 at 1:30PM-5:00PM, the Global Chapter Committee is organizing a chapter leader workshop for all the chapter leaders that attend the conference. Please note that this Workshop will take place on the day before the Conference starts.
As part of AppSec North America 2012 in Austin, Texas, USA on Wednesday, October 24 at 1:30PM-5:00PM, the Global Chapter Committee is organizing a chapter leader workshop for all the chapter leaders that attend the conference. Please note that this Workshop will take place on the day before the Conference starts.
A chapter workshop will also be held as part of AppSec LATAM in Buenos Aires, Argentina the week of Novemeber 14-16, 2012. Details are not yet available for this event.
We plan to start with a 1.5 hour session run by experienced leaders (panel) on how to run a successful chapter. The second part of the workshop will be a roundtable discussion on regional issues and challenges, with a goal of working together to create solutions.
Are there other topics you would like to discuss? Please add them below:
- Best practices of Chapter organization
- How long should a leader lead a chapter?
Funding to Attend Workshop
Deadlines for submissions are as follows:
- AppSec APAC - Sydney, Australia - March 1, 2012
- AppSec Research - Athens, Greece - May 15, 2012
- AppSec North America - Austin, Texas, USA - September 1, 2012
- AppSec LATAM - Buenos Aires, Argentina - September 15, 2012
Funding for your attendance to the workshop should be worked out in the following order.
- Ask your employer to fund your trip to the conference.
- Utilize your chapter funds.
- Ask the chapter committee for funding assistance.
While we wish we could fund every chapter leader, due to the limited amount of budget allocated for this event, we may not be able to fund 100% to all the requests. Priority of sponsorships will be given to those not covered by a sponsorship to attend a workshop in 2011. Additionally, we are looking for new or struggling chapter leaders who need assistance kick starting their chapter.
After the deadline for applications has passed, the Global Chapters Committee will make funding decision in a fair and transparent manner. When you apply for funding, please let us know why we should sponsor you. While we prefer that chapter leaders use their own chapter's funds before requesting a sponsorship, this is not a requirement for application. If your chapter has fund but will not be using them to sponsor your attendance, please include why you will not be using the funds for this purpose (i.e. what are the other plans for those funds?).
If you plan to attend, please fill in your name and chapter below:
- Sarah Baso (OWASP Operational Support)
2011 Chapter Leader Workshops
- AppSecEU 2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes
- AppSec USA 2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes 21-Sept-2011 in Minneapolis, MN, USA
- AppSecLatam2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes 5-Oct-2011 in Porto Alegre, Brazil
- OWASP Global AppSec Asia 2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes 9-Nov-2011 in Beijing, China