OWASP Cape Town
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Opposing the South African Cyber Crimes Bill
Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings.
Join Our Events
Please join our meetup group if you would like to attend future events: It is important to RSVP if you would like to attend, our venue is not very big.
Upcoming and past events
- 2 December 2017 - BSIDES Cape Town
- 25 October 2017 - Using JWTs for Authentication, particularly as it pertains to Web based APIs
- 28 September 2017 - Understanding and Dealing with Zero Days
- 23 Aug 2017 - Fighting the Previous War - Attacking and Defending in the Cloud Era
- 19 Apirl 2017 - Catch Me If You Can
- March 15 2017 · 7:00 PM - Hunting rogue WiFi devices using the HackRF SDR
- February 21 2017 -p Security Mistakes in Commodity Hardware
- December 3 2017 - B-SIDES Cape Town conference
- Oct 26 2016 - Digital Forensic Analysis - Practical example
For more upcoming events please view: https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Cape-Town-Chapter-Meetup/?scroll=true
For past events please view: https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Cape-Town-Chapter-Meetup/events/past/?scroll=true
Slides from 1st Official OWASP Cape Town Meeting: 1st Meeting Slides
Slides from 2nd Meeting Intro To Enumeration
Slides Intro To Metasploit Intro To Metasploit
Slides from PCI DSS Talk PCI DSS