OWASP Bristol, UK
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Please contact Bristol Chapter Leaders if you have further questions.
The following are the list of OWASP Corporate Members who have generously aligned themselves with the Bristol chapter, therefore contributing funds to our chapter:
The following is the list of organisations who have generously provided us with space for Bristol chapter meetings:
Please see the Meetup page for schedule and to register for meetings.
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
- Sep 27, 2018 (18:00): Sharpen your Cyber SKills - CTF Event Immersive Labs, Hartwell House · Bristol, The next OWASP event is a Capture-The-Flag (CTF) evening, kindly hosted by Immersive Labs. The sessions will be using Immersive Labs platform.and there will be 20 - 30 Blue and Red Team CTFs to choose from. These challenges cover a wide range of skills and levels from beginner labs to ninja labs.There will be a brief intro to the platform showing how to use the platform to guide people in the righ (read more)
- Nov 15, 2018 (16:00): TBCRoyal Bank of Scotland, Digital Studio, Level 2, TQ1 Trinity Quay, Avon St · Bristol, TBC
- Jun 14, 2018 (18:00): DNS as Cyber Tool & Red Team Tactics against a Windows networkForgerock, Floor 4, Broad Quay House, Broad Quay Bristol BS1 4DJ · Bristol, Agenda:• 6:00 pm - Social• 6:30 pm - OWASP update• 6:35 pm - Presentation 1: Red Team tactics against a windows enterprise lock down network infrastructure - Sadi Zane, Raytheon• 7:30pm - Presentation 2: DNS as a Cyber Security tool - Jonny Tyers• After - Pub: The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer (http://navyvolunteer.co.uk/) Presentation 1: Red Team tactics against a windows enterprise lock (read more)
- Apr 19, 2018 (18:30): Red team: App Hacking and Exploiting Unknown BrowsersJust-eat.com, Broad Quay House, Broad Quay, Bristol BS1 4DJ · Bristol, Come to next meetup to learn about Application Hacking and Exploiting Unknown Browsers.Learn about the challenges of a capture the flag that looks at an application and the chain vulnerabilities in it.Discover a new tool to exploit unknown browsers and objects . Doors Open at 6pm for registration, pizza, drinks and networking. The talks start at 6:30pm.Agenda:• 6:00 pm - Social• 6:30 pm - OWAS (read more)
- Feb 15, 2018 (18:00): Passwords Cracking and Blockchain SecurityJust-eat.com, Broad Quay House, Broad Quay, Bristol BS1 4DJ · Bristol, Come to next meetup to learn about password cracking and the security of blockchain.Discover the common schemes together with the common mistakes made, and learn how to crack passwords of several popular formats. Learn about some of the fundamentals of blockchain security.Doors Open at 6pm for registration, pizza, drinks and networking. The talks start at 6:30pm.Agenda:• 6:00 pm - Social• 6:30 (read more)
- Nov 30, 2017 (18:00): "Three Ways of Security” and Cookie Security - Myths and MisconceptionsJust-eat.com, Broad Quay House, Broad Quay, Bristol BS1 4DJ · Bristol, This is a joint event between OWASP Bristol and OWASP London, kindly sponsored and hosted by Just Eat. The meeting will be streamed live from the JustEat London office into the Bristol office. Participants to this meeting will have the opportunity to ask the speakers questions and talk to one of the OWASP co-founders - Jeff W. Doors Open at 6pm for registration, pizza, drinks and networki (read more)
- Nov 23, 2017 (18:30): A Corporate Phishing Trip & Modern Access ManagementForgerock, Floor 4, Broad Quay House, Broad Quay Bristol BS1 4DJ · Bristol, Explore the lessons learned from launching friendly phishing campaigns on colleagues. Agenda: • 6:30 pm - Social • 6:55 pm - OWASP update • 7:00 pm - Presentation 1: A Corporate Phishing Trip - Iain Baughen • 8:00 pm - Presentation 2: Modern Access Management - Jonathan Scudder • After - Small Bar Pub Presentation 1: A corporate phishing trip.Abstract: Clicking a malicious link can cripp (read more)
- 2018-06-14 Slides: Red Team Tactics against a Windows network video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-UcuRtD4_8
- 2018-04-19 Slides: Application hacking through the eyes of an attacker / Exploiting unknown browsers and objects
- 2018-02-15 Slides: Practical Password Cracking / Blockchain Security
- 2016-11-17-Bristol - Full details at http://meetu.ps/2Xtpll
- 2016-09-15-Bristol - Full details at http://meetu.ps/2Xtpgw
- 2016-07-21-Bristol - Full details at http://meetu.ps/2Xtp9Y
- 2016-05-20-Bristol - Full details at http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Bristol/events/229465685/
- 2016-03-17-Bristol - Full details at http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Bristol/events/228380487/
- 2016-01-21-Bristol - Full details at http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Bristol/events/227419895/
We are looking for organizations to sponsor the Bristol chapter.
You can sponsor the chapter for one year at the following levels:
- £2000 Platinum
- £1000 Gold
- £500 Silver
If you are interested in sponsoring the chapter then please get in touch with one of the Bristol Chapter Leaders.
Call for Presentations
As a speaker please review the OWASP speaker agreement